Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Twix Bars


I made these a few days after I made the whoopie pies, but I felt like I should create a new post to keep some organization. These were really fun to make and pretty easy too. They tasted amazing, and the only thing I could have done better was make the shortbread thicker, and the caramel filling thinner. It was a bit overwhelming with all the layers, so I made sure to cut the bars into fairly small pieces. If I could redo them, I might have tried to dip the bars in chocolate instead of just doing one layer so it would be more similar to a real Twix bar. 

I cannot find the recipe I used for this dessert, so I'm just going to link to another recipe that is similar to the one that I used. [Link]. This one dipped the pieces into chocolate to make it similar to real Twix bars, and I would highly suggest making it that way, because they are probably a lot easier to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment